Monday 8 January 2018

My Reflection

Over the holidays I was reflecting on some of my past achievements, jobs and if I would have done anything differently. I would have changed a few situations on how I treated people, but I realized that I had been one lucky person. I believe working smart and being an honest person opens a lot of doors. 
Over the past 30 years, I worked for people, I have partnered with people and owned my own companies. I realized how important the people around you are. Your business partners, employees, and associates are all critical to your success. You have to believe in them, and your vision must be the same because if it is not, there could be issues. 
Being open, honest and saying what's on your mind is key to having tough business conversations. I remember endless discussions that started out one way, pivoted and we came up with something we never imagined. Listening to everyone around the table took an idea, which is a starting point, into a vision we never thought possible. 
I want to thank all the people that had a significant influence on my life. I have been taking these lessons and sharing them with my clients, and I could not be happier. Nothing gives me more gratification than helping someone grow and succeed. 
I hope everyone has a fantastic 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment